The rear endcap is FINISHED!! I didn't bring my camera so I drew you a picture instead:
I feel like it really captures the complexity of the task. To be fair, I did use more rivets than pictured.
I can be enthusiastic about anything once. I tackled the rear endcap and finished in 35 hours or so. That included some secret and very time consuming magic that will be revealed at a later date. When all the materials showed up, I was raring to go. Now that I will be starting on the front end, it isn't quite so exciting. Even though this time I know a little bit more about what I am doing, the newness of the project has worn off. I would rather sit in the trailer and stare at what I have already done, or start a new project than do the same thing twice. This is the story of my life. My poor husband has had to endure hundreds of projects and hobbies that I get super excited about, perfect, then the challenge is gone and I move on to something else. Maybe that is why the lure of the open road is so strong. Newness all day, every day.